We are delighted to be stocking Dirty Down Spray in Ireland
These sprays are named Dirty Down because that’s what they do; they “dirty things down”. One quick spray deposits a fine layer of semi-transparent coloured dye that makes new, clean surfaces appear to be dirty and old, or to have “aged”.
All of our ageing spray range are water soluble and can be smeared and reworked by wetting with water to create dirt stains.
Fast drying. Ozone friendly. Apply to costumes, props, fabric, furniture, paper, plastics, leather, glass and metal etc.
Dirty Down Spray ( Ageing / Weathering ) - All Colors
Soot Black ageing spray has a stronger, more powerful spray nozzle than our other ageing sprays. The spray deposits a semi-opaque layer of black dye that creates a dirty, black old or aged look. The spray is water soluble and can be smeared and reworked by wetting with water, but much less water soluble than our other ageing sprays. Fast drying. Ozone friendly.
- Soot Black ageing spray is great for coal and grease stains and graffiti.
- Least washable and least water soluble of all of the ageing sprays.
- The spray comes out at a faster speed than other ageing sprays – it’s best to test before use.
- Ensure surfaces are dry and grease free.
- Mask areas not to be sprayed.
- Shake can before use.
- Use sparingly, apply several fine coats rather than one heavy coat. The shade will darken with each coat applied.
- Hold can upright 30cm (12 inches) away from the surface, and spray across the surface in one smooth sweep, keeping the nozzle fully depressed. Spots of concentrated dye may appear if the button is only partially depressed.
- For small patches, spray through holes cut in a piece of paper.
- For dark patches, spray closer to the surface.
- Heavy spraying may drip or puddle.
- Smear the spray by re-wetting with water, and then dabbing or rubbing with a damp or wet cloth. With some fabrics it’s easier to smear by wetting the sprayed fabric and then rubbing the wet area together between your hands. Smearing is easier when the spray is still wet, but is also possible after the spray has fully dried. It may not be possible to smear spray applied to absorbent surfaces.
- May not adhere to some polished surfaces.
- Our ageing sprays are water soluble and the effects of spraying will be lost by washing in water, but there may still be staining.
- Do not use outside in wet weather.